Surely, exercise is a great way in relieving stress and improving the sleep. But so is enjoying a little time with yourself and your body. It is also great for the health
Masturbation is a secure and natural way of:
- feeling good
- discovering what gets you hot
- releasing built-up sexual tension
In fact, solo play has health benefits which are infinite and has absolutely no drawbacks
Different types of masturbation
Below is a list of the most common types of masturbation and the way they are typically felt. But it is to be remembered that this will vary from person to person.
|Orgasm type||Type of masturbation|
|clitoral||Fingers are used by most people to play with their clitoris, but vibrators and other toys can also bring pleasure during solo play. When you orgasm, a tingly feeling sensation is felt along the skin and in the brain.|
|vaginal||To penetrate the vagina during solo play, fingers or a sex toy can be used. The “Big O” will be felt deeper in the body, and the vaginal walls will throb.|
|anal||For anal play, fingers or sex toy can be used although a toy is better for deeper penetration. Right before the orgasm, an intense may be felt for the need to pee but only the contractions are around the anal sphincter.|
|combo||This type is all about personal preference. Both hands to play with the vagina and the clitoris or a combo of a sex toy and fingers can be used. When the clitoris and vagina is stimulated especially the G-spot then at the same time, an explosive orgasm will be felt that may leave the convulsing or even lead to ejaculation.|
|erogenous zones||Rub, pinch, pull, squeeze, or tug your nipples, inner thighs, ears, neck, and other parts of the body during solo play can also be done. These areas are also known as erogenous zones and can cause pleasurable sensations throughout the body when played with.|
How to get started
Masturbation doesn’t necessarily have to lead to having an orgasm. But if in the mood and that endorphin rush is wanted, there are a few things which can be done to help the body achieve the Big O:
The setting of the mood can sometimes make a big difference in whether or not a good solo session will be done. To get the mood going try thinking about turning down the lights, lighting some candles, and listening to relaxing music
The body self-lubricates, making masturbation a much smoother and pleasurable experience when aroused. But this that may not be enough sometimes or it may not happen at all. So keep a tube of lube on hand to increase your pleasure should be kept.
By simply thinking about that hottie you met last week can be a turn on. Let the mind imagine about people or situations that can send tingling down the spine.
Time should be given and do not need to rush masturbation. Techniques should be tried and played around and take the time to enjoy all of the sensations feeling throughout the body.
Play and explore erogenous zones by thinking the nipples, ears, or thighs that can shoot sparks of pleasure throughout the body.
Sex toys such as vibrators and dildos are loads of fun to play with, but are not the only sex toys. By using a showerhead on the clitoris or rubbing the vulva against a pillow is an example which some people like to stimulate
Let the mind wander, using the imagination is not always an option. If the heat needs to be turned up, read a dirty book or watch a sexy video.
Wanting to explore the clitoris
A pearl-sized organ is the visible part of the clitoris, often covered by a hood, that’s found at the top of your vulva where the two inner lips meet.
The glans of the clitoris is about the size of a pearl/pea, but the structure itself is much more complicated and extensive.
The clitoris is packed with thousands of nerve endings, making it the most sensitive part of the genitals. A vagina having an orgasm by stimulating the clitoris is experienced by most people.
- Massaging the fleshy area on the top of the pubic bone, and then running the fingers along the outer and inner lips of the vulva.
- Through the hood start rubbing or stroking the clitoris. A “V” can also be formed with the pointer and middle fingers and sliding them up and down the sides of the clitoral shaft. A rhythm should be found that makes in feeling good.
- Move your fingers faster and harder once your clitoris becomes wet or after you’ve applied lube. The feeling can be intensified by applying heavy pressure until you orgasm.
- Without having to overwork the fingers using a vibrator is a great way to stimulate the clitoris. Just run the sex toy up and down the area until the getting off.
Wanting to try for a vaginal O
Most people with a vagina have a hard time climaxing with vaginal stimulation despite the myths. That doesn’t mean it cannot be fun
Even if not having orgasm, penetrating the vagina with the fingers or a sex toy can bring the immense pleasure
But if you want to see more beyond, experiment with stimulating the G-spot that is a pleasure point on the vaginal wall, with consistency, heavy pressure
- Vaginal opening to be massaged first, and then slowly insert the fingers (or sex toy) into the vagina. Make sure the vagina is wet or that enough lube is applied to avoid friction.
- Start to move the fingers or toy in a circular, in-and-out, stroking, or mixture of motions. It’s optimal to use a “come hither” motion to stimulating the G-spot.
- The speed and pressure to be increased as the good vibrations begin to build. An explosive orgasm may be felt, but not to worry if not felt. Vaginal penetration cannot be for everyone to get off.
Wanting to experiment with anal
Anal orgasms are not only for people with penises. By indirectly stimulating the G-spot anal play could be get off through the wall shared between the rectum and vagina.
But it is to be remembered that lube should be used must as the anus doesn’t self-lubricate naturally.
- The outside and inside of the anal opening should be started with massaging, then slowly and gently insert the finger or sex toy into the anus.
- Switching between a circular and in-and-out motion as penetrating the anus. Go with more speed as the pleasure begins to build until ready to finish.
- Experimenting with toys like vibrators, plugs, anal beads, and massagers can intensify the orgasm tenfold.
If going for the combo and erogenous zones
When stimulating the vagina and clitoris at the same time earth shattering orgasms are reported by many people
Combo solo play can intensify the feelings of pleasure by stimulating all the sensitive parts of the genitals. For experiencing a steamy, full-body, touch and rub the erogenous zones
- Both of the hands or a combo of fingers and sex toys for clitoral and vaginal stimulation during a solo session can be used.
- Going wild by using parallel or opposite rhythms when playing with the clitoris and vagina at the same time. Even switching up speeds can be considered between the two (think fast fingers, slow penetration).
- When it comes to stimulating the erogenous zones, experiment and play around with various touches like think rubbing, tugging, or pinching and sex toys like think feathers or finger vibrators, to know what makes a good feeling.
5 positions for heating things up
Masturbation doesn’t need to be boring. Different positions can be used to kick the solo session up a notch on the pleasure scale.
Below are just a few to try out:
For clitoral, try lying on the back
Lying on the back may surely seem old-fashioned, but when it comes to stimulation of the clitoris, no position is better.
With a pillow propped under the head, spread the legs and bend them at the knees while on the back. Start rubbing the clitoris. slow or fast, hard or soft can be done whatever feels good .
For vaginal, try squatting
An explosive orgasm if looked for, the squatting position is the one to try. Squatting makes it easier for locating the G-spot, which is about 2 to 3 inches inside the vaginal canal.
Crouch down with the heels near to or touching the back of the thighs. Then, start sliding the fingers or toy into the vagina, moving deeper.
Combine it up with a range of motions, from stroking and circular, to in and out.
For anal, face-down doggy style
Face-down doggy style opens up for so much pleasure in case of anal play.
The room needed to insert the fingers or a toy in the behind with one hand while rubbing with the other is given through this position
Get on all the fours, then put the face down on the bed or floor in a way that the backside is higher in the air.
Wrapping one arm around the back to reach the anus, while placing the other arm underneath the body in order to touch clitoris.
For the combo and erogenous zones, the pretend lover
Thinking of being the pretended lover
Lower down after putting the favorite dildo or vibrator on the bed until a sensation is found you like either penetration, clitoral, or both.
To steady the toy hands may need to be used. Ride the toy as fast or as slow as wanted and at the same time, rub the clitoris or play with the nipples at the end of this solo session.
Try the reflection
To really discover the body and what can be a turn on, reflection is a great way.
With a big tube of lube sit in front of a mirror which is full length. The lube to be poured all over the body like the breasts, belly, inner thighs, and vulva and start sliding the hands over these erogenous zones.
Pinch, squeeze, pull, tug, rub, do whatever feels good and attention should be paid to what really is getting hot and bothered.
Wanting to get other senses involved
Foreplay doesn’t have to be excluded in a sexy solo session. Set off slowly and get the other senses tingling instead of jumping right into touching
The written word
Erotic stories are not only entertaining to read, but they also let discover the sensual and sexual side.
Kinky literature encourages to fantasize, imagine and discover sexual pleasures in a secure, fun way.
Some people love watching porn which should be not a surprise
Watching porn can:
- increase the libido
- relieving stress
- allow to explore the sexual kinks safely
Listening to sexy sounds can be just as same as arousing as reading erotica or watching porn. Listening to audio lets the imagination run wild so as to lose yourself in the details of the story.
The bottom line
A fun, sexy, and secure way to explore the desires and learn what can be a turn on is masturbation
Plus, many health benefits to self-pleasure are also attached that is reduced stress, better sleep, sexual release and also that there’s no reason not to sneak in some pleasure every day.
If someone is new to solo play, that is fine, too. There’s no right or a wrong way to masturbate, so take the time in discovering the body.
In the end the bottom line is that do whatever makes the feeling good and enjoy every minute of it