The symptoms below need medical attention;
- If you experience uncomfortable pressure, squeezing, fullness, or pain in the center of your chest.
- Pain or discomfort in one or both arms, the back, neck, jaw, or stomach.
- Shortness of breath with or without chest discomfort.
- Other signs such as breaking out in a cold sweat, nausea, or lightheadedness.
- For both men and women, common heart attack symptom is chest pain or discomfort. Wome experience additional signs like shortness of breath, nausea/vomiting, and back or jaw pain.
Let’s Win This Together
Heart disease is a common killer for most women.
Both men and women can experience chest pressure that feels like an elephant sitting across the chest but women can experience a heart attack without chest pressure. In most cases, the experiences are shortness of breath, pressure or pain in the lower chest or upper abdomen, dizziness, lightheadedness or fainting, upper back pressure or extreme fatigue. If no precaution is taken the results of the symptoms can be deadly.
‘I thought I had the flu’
Heart problem is the number one killer disease in women. Most women have a fear of heart disease due to the expected outcome.
A heart attack happens in every forty-three seconds. This happens due to the blood flow that brings oxygen to the heart muscle is severely reduced or cut off completely. This happens because the arteries that supply the heart with blood can slowly narrow from a buildup of fat, cholesterol, and other substances (plaque).
Some women experiencing a heart attack describe upper back pressure that feels like squeezing or a rope being tied around them. Dizziness, lightheadedness, or actually fainting are other symptoms to look for.
Take care of yourself
Some of the precaution measures against heart attack are;
- Consult our doctor about personal risk for heart disease.
- Avoid r stop smoking.
- Participate in doing exercises.
- Take a proper diet. For example, with poultry, use the leaner light meat (breasts) instead of the fattier dark meat (legs and thighs), and be sure to remove the skin.